Highlights in 2018
(102-40 and 102-42)
The essence of our business comes from planted forests and our businesses are integrated: forestry, paper, corrugated containerboard packaging and resin.
We have 38,940 hectares of land, of which 72% are located in Santa Catarina and 28% in Rio Grande do Sul.
Pinus seedlings cultivated in Santa Catarina in our own nursery, destined to:
1st company in the Resin segment to certify the forest management and chain of custody by FSC® and the 1st company in Brazil to produce pitch and turpentine.
Highlights in 2018
• Dissemination of the content of the Integrity Program and Code of Ethics organized in three waves, conducted by our leaders, covering all hierarchical levels.
• Board of Executive Directors was responsible for communicating our strategic planning across all plants.
• Creation of Innovation and Sustainability Committees.
Efficiency and Innovation
- Conclusion of the first wave of the Projeto Simplifique (Simplify Project) to implement SAP S/4HANA technology as the main ERP, which involved:
- + 120 people.
- + 650 simulated scenarios.
- + 10 mil steps tested.
- + 5 thousand hours of face-to-face training.
- R$ 12 thousand as result percentage payment for the ideas enrolled in the Programa Inova Ideias (Innovate Ideas Program).
- Partnerships focused on open innovation for the development of solutions for our products and business.
• Net revenue of R$ 932.8 million (up 8.6% over 2017).
60% Corrugated Packaging
30% Paperboard Packaging
10% Forest RS and Resins
• Adjusted EBITDA of R$ 178.3 million with Margin of 19.1% (up 15.4% than in 2017).
18% Foreing Market
82% Domestic Market
• Revenue management project presented a financial return in the order of R$ 7.3 million.
Challenged and valued People
• 59% of openings filled with internal recruitments.
• Over R$ 32 million invested in benefits for employees.
• Average 25 hours of training per employee.
• 94% of employees covered by the Supera Program, receiving periodic performance reviews.
• Launch of Irani Corporate Education model with three thematic schools (Lidera, Itec and DNA), focused on topics relevant to our business.
• Creation of organizational climate and occupational health and safety tree with indicators monitored by the Board of Executive Directors.
• 27 Kaizen weeks motivated our teams to evaluate and solve problems with quick results. Since 2010, we added 141 continuous improvement projects in our units.
• Participation of more than 100 internal leaders in customer focus training.
• 883 reviews applied to the composition of the índice de desempenho de fornecedor – IDF (Supplier Performance Index) involving all purchasing groups.
• R$ 129 million spending on purchases from suppliers in the surrounding communities.
• Updating of socio-environmental impacts studies in the communities surrounding the forestry and industrial operations of Irani in SC and RS.
• We recovered 79% of the forest area burned in 2017, with conclusion in 2019.
• We dedicated 334 hours to environmental education, mobilizing 1,853 people.
• Investment of R$ 5.9 million in environmental initiatives, including awareness actions regarding the businesses interaction with natural resources.
• Over 600 hours of volunteer work focusing on education, citizenship and the environment.
• More than R$ 224 thousand in social investments.
• More than 10 thousand seedlings donated to surrounding communities, including native species such as Araucaria, Imbuia and Butiá.
• Creation of the Private Natural Heritage Reserve (RPPN) Profª Yara C. Nicoletti in the community of Campina da Alegria, in Vargem Bonita (SC), with 285 hectares.
• Our circular economy initiatives have resulted in savings of over R$ 9 million in landfill waste disposal costs.